The MobileMe&You conference has expanded to Chicago and San Francisco for MobileMe&You2.
Reach out on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using #MobileMe2
“Virtual Reality: Putting the Audience in the Story,” with Mitch Gelman, chief technical officer of the Newseum, speaking in Chicago
When and where: 1:30-2:15 p.m. San Francisco l 3:30-4:15 p.m. Chicago
The mobile phone is at the center of a revolution in storytelling. As the most accessible device for consumer engagement with virtual and augmented reality, the challenges of how to produce journalism, provide entertainment and deliver experiences in new ways are being confronted in the palm of your hand. We talk about content creation, production and distribution as emerging media bring you into the story.
Schedule for Chicago (Medill Chicago, 303 E. Wacker Drive 16th Floor,Chicago):
Reception: 6 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016
Conference: 7 a.m., Friday, Oct. 28; 9 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 29, 2016
Schedule for San Francisco (Northwestern San Francisco, 44 Montgomery St., San Francisco):
Reception: 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016
Conference: 7 a.m., Friday, Oct. 28, 2016
Learn from the experts how to use a variety of mobile media to improve newsgathering, storytelling and distribution. Learn how to reach the audience of the future that only uses mobile devices.
Topics at this year’s conference will include:
- Glance journalism – how to program for wearables
- Snap journalism – how to reach youth on Snapchat
- Drone journalism – what you need to know about aerial video and 3D mapping
- Sensor journalism - the newest approaches and projects
- 360 journalism – giving stories a new viewpoint
- VR journalism – putting the audience into your story
- Student journalists – a student panel on how to use mobile tools like a mobile native
- Audience for mobile, wearable and drone journalism
- Mobile media and the Hispanic audience
- Updates on mobile journalism research from the Pew Research Center
- Teaching mobile journalis